It was a busy weekend for singers as the first combined rehearsals and a Messiah rehearsal were held on 10/11th January. Thank you to all those who helped - it was two great days of singing with Robin Gritton and Ben Costello.
Please note the following:
a) in the event of snow and possible cancellation of rehearsals, please look at the website for more 'latest news'
b) future fundraising events include a sponsored cycle ride in May and swim in March (details to be announced)
c) stewards are needed for Youth Choirs' Competition and Festival Days - contact the Youth Organiser or Festival Secretary & Organiser
d) The Messiah registers are now closed as we have the maximum number of singers
e) The Box office is open - get your tickets soon - especially if you want aisle seats
g) Job vacancies for 2016 are:
1) Press and Publicity Manager
2) Main Festival Programe Editor
3) Orchestra Librarian and Soloist Liaison Officer
Please contact the Secretary & Organiser if interested in any of the above.
For Messiah, the 'cuts' not being performed (and alternative version chosen) are, as usual:
• No. 6 version 1 (alto) not version 2 (soprano)
• Nos. 34-36 cut
• No. 48 stops at Fine (bar 156) first time, remainder cut
• Nos. 49-52 cut
• Appendix containing several other versions (in some editions), all cut